This simple recipe will make your morning great. You can assemble this make ahead French Toast Casserole up to two days in advance. The longer it sits, the better it gets!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Boxes of Chateau Bread Dumplings
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 1 C of Heavy Cream
- 1/3 C of Light Brown Sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 t of Vanilla Extract + another 1/2 t
- 1/4 t of Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- A couple of shakes of nutmeg
- 1/2 t of salt
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Maple Syrup & Powdered Sugar
Now lets assemeble:
- Thaw and cube your bread dumpling, we like to cut them into small bite sized cubes so that it is kid friendly.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, 1/3 C of brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract until well combined.
- Melt 2 T of butter and pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Add your cubed dumplings to the dish and pour the batter over it. Give it a few tosses to make sure all the dumplings are soaking in the batter.
- Cover and into the fridge overnight and up to two nights.
- When ready to bake, remove from the fridge, melt the remaining stick of butter and the 2 T of brown sugar and pour over the top of the casserole, drizzling it as you go.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. You will know when its done when the casserole is firm in the center.
- When you remove it from the oven, drizzle it with syrup and sprinkle it with brown sugar, then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve by scooping it out like bread pudding.
- Serve with syrup powdered sugar, fresh fruit or whipped cream.
The steps for this recipe are very simple. The key is making the casserole ahead of time so that the batter has time to soak up into our delicious dumplings. There is no substitute for the dumplings in this recipe because no other bread holds the batter the way the bread dumplings are designed to. The dumplings make the difference in this recipe. Our bread dumplings are available in lots of grocery stores, you can click here to find one near you. If you cannot find them in a store near you, you can order online.
You can also ask at your local grocery store to carry our products and let us know which store so that we can follow up with them. You can contact us here.
For more great recipe check out our recipe page!
Also, try our World’s Best Stuffing using the same bread dumplings.