This recipe is a family favorite because it is the ultimate comfort food. Our World’s Best Chicken and Dumplings is made with savory, boneless, skinless chicken thighs and our famous mini potato dumplings. This is a one pot meal that takes no time at all to prepare and everyone in the family is going to love.
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Yellow Zucchini, Not Peeled, Diced
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/2 C of Heavy Cream
- 1 Bag of Chateau Mini Potato Dumplings
- 1 T of Thyme
- 1 t of Nutmeg
- 2 t of Garlic Powder
- 2 t of Onion Powder
- 1 T of Dried Parsley
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 2 T of Chicken Bouillon Powder (we use Knorr)
- 4 C of Water
The steps are super simple. We recommend using a deep skillet like cast iron or enameled cast iron. You can cook everything in one pot which is the beauty of this recipe. We love using the Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder for this recipe but you can substitute two cups of chicken broth if you prefer. Here is how you make the ultimate comfort food, our recipe for the World’s Best Chicken & Dumplings.
- Add your butter to a hot skillet and then add your carrots, celery, onions and zucchini to the pan and saute until soft.
- Next add all your spices and salt and pepper to the mix and toss the veggies in the spices.
- Take your boneless, skinless chicken thighs and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Move the veggies aside in the pan and place the thighs directly on the pan to sear them. You may need to add a little bit more butter if you choose.
- After the thighs have cooked for about 5 minutes, flip them over and cook for another five minutes.
- In a bowl, dissolve your chicken bouillon in your water and carefully pour over your chicken and veggies. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and let simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.Check to see if the chicken is fully cooked and falling apart after the 35 – 45 minutes.
- You want to make sure there is enough liquid in the skillet to add the mini dumplings, the liquid should be halfway up the sides, if you cooked your chicken and veggies at too high of a heat you may need to add more water and bouillon. Look at the liquid level and add more water and bouillon if needed.
- If you have enough liquid, reduce your heat to a simmer and add your bag of frozen mini dumplings to the skillet, giving them all a good stir carefully with a rubber spatula.
- Make sure the skillet is at a low simmer and you give it all a stir while it simmers for about 15 more minutes. The mini dumplings will sink to the bottom and burn if you are not careful and give it a light stir every few minutes.
- You will know when the dumplings are done cooking because they will have expanded and float. When they have reached this point, slowly add your heavy cream and give it all a good stir to combine. Taste your chicken and dumplings and adjust your seasonings to your liking. We like to ad a little more nutmeg, salt and pepper at the end. We also sometimes use white pepper.
- You can top with dried parsley or fresh parsley if you wish!
You can find our Chateau Mini Dumplings at a grocery store near you. CLICK HERE FOR A STORE LOCATOR. We are in the frozen food section near the potatoes or frozen veggies!
If your store does not carry our products, ask them to order them!
For more recipes using our mini dumplings CLICK HERE!