- 2 Cups of Diced, Cooked Ham
- 1 Stalk of Celery, Diced
- 1 Carrot, Diced
- 1 C of Diced Onions
- 1 Large Russet Potato, peeled and diced
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Bottle of Lite Beer
- 4 Cans of Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 Box of Bread Dumplings, Thawed and Cubed
- 1 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Chili Powder and Garlic Salt and Dried Parsley
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 /2 C of Heavy Whipping Cream
- Olive Oil or Butter for cooking
- Add olive oil or butter to a pot and add your celery, carrots and onions and cook until softened and slightly browned.
- Add your potato and cook for a few minutes, then add your ham. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add your bottle of beer and use your spoon or spatula to scrape up the bits on the bottom of the pan. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes.
- Add your 4 cups of chicken broth, bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until your potatoes are soft.
- Add the 4 cans of Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup, whisk until smooth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in your heavy whipping cream.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees, spray a cast iron skillet or baking dish with non-stick spray or use butter or oil to grease.
- Add your thawed, cubed bread dumplings to a bowl and toss with the stick of melted butter until all the dumplings are coated.
- Spread out in your skillet or baking dish and season with garlic salt, chili powder and dried parsley.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven, top with the shredded cheddar and bake about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with some of the cheesy bread dumplings. We added a sprinkle of dried parsley and some minced scallions.
*You can also add our Mini Potato Dumplings to this soup. Simply boil them according to package directions and add to the finished soup.
You can find us at Festival Foods
In The Frozen Food Section