- 1lb of Italian Sausage links, I used mild
- 1 Jar of ready Made Marinara, or you can use your own homemade sauce
- 1 C of Grated Asiago Cheese
- 2 C of Chateau Foods Mini Potato Dumplings
- 1 Medium Sized Purple Onion, Quartered
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Grill the sausages on all sides until done.
- Coat the onions in some olive oil and grill until slightly charred.
- Boil the mini potato dumplings according to the package directions ans place in your cast iron skillet. Toss with some olive oil.
- Cover the dumplings with the jar of Marinara, fill the jar with water, shake well and pour into the skillet and give it all a stir to coat.
- Remove the sausages and onions from the grill.
- Slice each sausage into thirds on a diagonal and quarter the onions.
- Place sausage and the onions on top of the dumpling marinara mixture.
- Top the entire mixture with half the asiago cheese.
- Cover the entire skillet tightly with foil and place on your grill over indirect heat.
- Bake on your grill for 30 to 45 minutes, in your oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted and delicious.
- You can cook on the other side of your grill while this bakes.