This is one of our newest favorite recipes. This recipe uses our traditional French Toast recipe plus a powdered hot cocoa mix. Simple but delicious. Our bread dumplings make the difference in this recipe because their texture is different than any other bread. Our bread dumplings are Czech inspired, handmade and have been produced in the Chicagoland area for 92 years. To find our bread dumplings at a store near you, use our store locator. If you do not have a location near you, you can order online or ask your local grocery store to order our products. Here is our recipe for Hot Chocolate French Toast.
serves 4 to 6
- 1 box of bread dumplings, thawed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C of milk
- 1/2 C of heavy cream
- 2 packets of instant hot cocoa
- Whisk all the ingredients together except the bread dumplings.
- When the ingredients are combined, place the bread dumplings in a shallow casserole dish and pour the batter over the bread dumplings.
- Let the bread dumplings soak in the hot chocolate batter for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet with some butter and fry the dumplings on both sides fro about 6 minutes on each side.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of hot cocoa mix.
We hope you love this recipe. Our dumplings make the difference in this recipe by providing a unique texture that absorbs the french toast batter but do not get soggy. They make the perfect french toast that is special for the holidays but easy enough for a regular day.