- Bread Dumplings
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 2 T Vanilla Extract
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 T butter
- 1 C Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1/2 C Chopped Cooked Bacon
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dunk dumplings in the mixture and and fry until golden brown turning once while frying.
- Add butter to skillet and melt, add in brown sugar and whisk until combined, be sure it isn’t browning.
- Add in bacon and nuts and toss to coat all the nuts.
- Cook on low for 20 to 30 minutes until the nut mixture is caramelized.
- Top French Toast with the mixture!